If you have an almost finished article that’s been sitting around too long, sign up for Article Completion Camp and commit to finishing it in two weeks. This camp would also be useful for any book chapters you need to finally finish.
If you’ve ever noticed that you’re more productive when you work in a library reading room or when participating in a writing group, you know the power of working alongside others. This virtual camp allows you to connect with others across the globe who are trying to complete articles, just like you.
What is included in the camp?
- A one hour Skype call with me (during the week before your camp begins) to discuss what’s been holding you back and to help you find time to complete your article during the camp
- Support in the private Camp Facebook group–including 2 one-hour drop in hours with me each day (Monday to Friday) during the camp; write-ins–I’ll host at least one each week day and encourage participants to host write-ins, too; tracking and accountability sheet.
- Daily email support from me (Monday to Friday)
- I will email members only resources to you as I create them. These resources will be available for purchase on my site by non-members.
- 15% discount on all editorial work for 12 months from the start of your camp (value depends on how much editorial support you need in the next 12 months)
- I will proofread an article of not more than 8,000 words following the camp (no additional charge will apply) or copy-edit an article of not more than 8,000 words for an additional £30 (to be invoiced separately). Please note that I will proofread/copy-edit articles from Article Completion Camp in the order in which I receive them.
The price for the camp is £200.
How will Article Completion Camp help you?
During our one-hour pre-camp coaching call, we will determine what’s been holding you back. Many participants will insist that it is just a matter of finding time to write, but often lack of time is really masking other issues. We’ll explore what those are and how I can best support you during the week. For example, if you’ve been avoiding finishing your article because you fear it isn’t good enough, we’ll work out a strategy for dealing with your impostor syndrome and perfectionist tendencies. In our daily support emails, we’ll discuss how your strategy is working and make adjustments as needed.
The private Facebook group will give you a space to celebrate your triumphs and seek support for your struggles. You won’t have to worry that everyone’s tired of hearing about your writing process because they’re trying to complete articles, too! The accountability sheet will give you a place to track your progress and celebrate with others when they reach their mini-goals. My drop-in hours each day will give you the extra support you need to complete your article. I’ll schedule the hours after I have a full picture of the time-zones in which participants are working.
Lifetime access to the members only section of my website (please note this section is under construction and has not yet been published–it’s coming soon) will give you free access to writing support guides and tips sheets. Some of these will be available for non-members to purchase; others will be exclusively for members.
Sending your article to me to proofread will give you the reassurance of having a professional editor check your writing before you send your article for publication.
- 12 to 25 March 2018
- 23 April to 6 May
Please visit the Shop to purchase one of the camps.
I will announce dates for April, May, and June in the coming months.