4-Week Coaching for Academic Writers
Academic writers often spend months (years) ‘writing’ chapters and articles. We know we need to publish, but we struggle to complete and submit manuscripts.
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone. I’ve been there, and I know that sometimes what you need is someone to walk you through the steps.
What will you accomplish in just 4 weeks?
In this coaching package, I will help you do the following:
- focus your argument so it can be dealt with in an article or chapter (up to 10,000 words)
- find time in your schedule to do the writing
- develop a writing plan and healthy writing habits so that every time you sit down to write you know where to start
- improve your first draft with a copy edit.
How will I support you?
- I’ll email you a questionnaire to fill in and return to me before our first ‘meeting’.
- We’ll discuss your questionnaire (which covers points one through three, above) in our initial conversation (either Skype or Facebook video chat); this will take 45 to 60 minutes.
- In weeks two, three, and four we’ll have 30 minute ‘meetings’ to assess how things are going and to keep you on track.
- You’ll have unlimited email support during the four weeks; please note that I check and respond to emails at set times (2-4 times each day) and will not be ‘on call’ 24-hours a day.
- At the end of week four, you’ll send me your draft chapter/article and I will copy edit it and suggest ways to improve your argument before submission.
- After you revise your article, you may send it back to me for proofreading before submission.
How much does it cost?
The price for this package is £650.
Are you ready for coaching?
Before you sign up, we’ll need to schedule a (free) 20-minute meeting to discuss your proposed project and to determine whether we are a good fit. If, after that meeting, you want to continue, I’ll send you a contract and an invoice for 50% of the cost; the remaining balance will be due at the beginning of the third week of coaching.
To schedule an initial consult, contact me here.